Botom End Gasket On Barrol

bondy

You have detached the headstady I believe?

1. If you have remounted the screws and bolts and just thighten them "hand-thight" for lifting out the engine, (I lift out the engine while hold on the cylinder with one hand and the rear of the gearbox with the other, which suits / works best to lift out the heavy engine out of the frame for me, ( swing arm detached)), there should not have happend anything to the base gasket.

2. If you have not thigtehd the screws and bolts at the cylinder head and have used the cylinder for lifting the engine out of the frame the gasket which in my personal experience always stick a little bit in certain areas to the engine base and on other places to the cylinder the gasket may got ripped.

3. If you haven't touched the cylinder at all while getting out the engine, - must be very tricky -, then there should also not happend anything to the gasket.

Checking the base gasket if it is still in one piece is dfficult as already mentioned (# 2.) you can have ripped it or not. While checking it out you might rip the gasket too.

I personal can't give you a good advice here, only if the cylinder hasn't moved even a tenth of a mm away or sideways to the engine case during the removal of the frame the gasket should be OK.

If you have doubts and have a spare gasket or a spare gasket sheet from which you can cut out a new one mount a new one it's a easier to mount a new one now then to redo the complete procedure.

hello peter yes that is my bult. i know its a shame to let her go but i do have anougther one witch i should be puting back together soon. just waiting for a few bits to come back from the paint shop cheers :thumbup: