Fuel Range?

deonattard

Can anyone give me some sort of idea what kind of run time / mileage I can expect while trail riding on a TR280i?

I've seen a few people mention running out of fuel and I'm a bit paranoid re-fueling at every opportunity but am thinking of doing a longer ride we normally do on the Enduro bikes and worried about the fuel situation.

Deon

I was at the Sherco Women's Cup on the weekend, 9 sections 5 times. Start at 10.15am ran out of fuel at 2.00pm on the last lap with 2 sections to go. Bike gently stopped (right at officials area) I re-fuelled up and bike started 2nd kick.

Not much help but fuel lasted a fair time for a little tank

I've seen those little tanks you can get that double as a front number plate.

9 sections 5 times is probably not much more than an hour ride time based on 90 seconds per section, then maybe another 20-30 mins idling?

Trail riding the bike is going to be revving more so we are probably talking only about 1hr of steady trail riding to play it safe.

I dont have an OSSA (impatiently waiting for the explorer), but on my other trials bikes, I get about an 1.5hrs ride time when out on the trails on the single track. The beta has a long range tank, so that increases it up to 4hrs. The GG has a hebo 1litre tank on the front, which increases it to about 2hrs. The OSSA is probably similar.

Get a couple of 1litre bottles (like camping fuel stove bottles) and put them in a pack on your back. Or you can mount a couple of bicyle water bottle holders to the front and mount the bottles there.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/HikingCamping/StovesFuel/FuelAccessories/PRD~5015-640/msr-fuel-bottle.jsp

I dont have an OSSA (impatiently waiting for the explorer), but on my other trials bikes, I get about an 1.5hrs ride time when out on the trails on the single track. The beta has a long range tank, so that increases it up to 4hrs. The GG has a hebo 1litre tank on the front, which increases it to about 2hrs. The OSSA is probably similar.

Get a couple of 1litre bottles (like camping fuel stove bottles) and put them in a pack on your back. Or you can mount a couple of bicyle water bottle holders to the front and mount the bottles there.

http://www.mec.ca/AS...fuel-bottle.jsp

I got too impatient to wait for the Explorer and decided I'd buy both. We might trade one of our TR280i's for an explorer depending on how Dad gets on with this bike once we've got starting and stalling sorted out for him.

I have one of those camping fuel bottles, might get some new ones though as the lid on mine is a bit stripped and I wouldn't want it leaking down my back.

I'm not banking on much more than an hour of propper trail riding, maybe I'll stick with the KTM and wait for the Explorer to arrive for trail riding.

We've got a bit of a wait in Australia as getting them road registered is a bit of a mission so most likely it'll be the end of the year before we'll have access to a road legal version. Not that we'll use them on the road much but you need a registered bike to ride in state forrests here.