Going To Rent A Used Sherco Privatly

paali11

Hi, I live in Spain at the time and need a Trials bike for the 3 months im here. I have found a guy that is willing to rent his bike out for me, but he says i have to pay the price of the bike as a deposit in case anything happens to the bike.. And of couse i understand that, but still i am going to rent it. The bike is a Sherco 2.9 Cabestany Replica 2007 mod.

It is in fine shape, and as we all know Sherco is quality! So, I am going to rent it for about 2,5 months and he have never rented out a bike before, I also never rented one before.

So what do you think a fair price would be to rent it for 2,5 months?

He said he didnt want to go under 10 euros per day, which i think is to much..

So therefore i ask you what you think would be a fair price to pay.

Thanks alot,

Paul

Edited by paali11

As above, 10 Euros a day for 2.5 months is going to be something like 850 Euros, I would have thought it was far cheaper to buy a bike, use it and sell it at the end.

A decent 2007 trials bike could be found for around £1600 in the UK, even if you wore out a set of tyres in the 2.5 months it would still be worth £1400. If you looked after it, you would probably get your money back!

To me, 10 Euros a day sounds fine if you only want it for a week or so!

Edited by Pete_Scorpa3

I thought of that but I´m not sure i wana take the risk..

Pretty difficult to sell vehicles down here..

But thats why the deal from the guy i told you about sounded pretty good.. Even though is expensive

Edited by paali11

if you are paying the bike in full,whats stopping him from telling you to bugger off at the end of the rental.he could do that and hes got your money and probably spent it by that time.100 percent risky.better off buying an old bike for £500 and selling it,always sombody looking for a cheap bike , even in spain.or rent it out?

if you are paying the bike in full,whats stopping him from telling you to bugger off at the end of the rental.he could do that and hes got your money and probably spent it by that time.100 percent risky.better off buying an old bike for £500 and selling it,always sombody looking for a cheap bike , even in spain.or rent it out?

Yes, if you could get one for less than 850 Euro's, you could afford to throw it away after 2.5 months and be no worse off!

I think the lowest he will go is 7 euros a day, which is about 450 euros for the whole period. I think thats descent, even though its alittle expensive. i am also thinking of talking to him about not paying the whole price as deposit, make him understand that I also risk something here.. my money.

Here is the bike btw: http://www.segundama...a=35_s&st=a&c=6

It is a Cabestany Replica Edition, which there is only 150 of in the world :D

And by the way its a 2 stroke for those of you who didnt know that.

Gona be interesting to feel the difference of a 125 and a 290..

Edited by paali11