4 Jours Of Creuse

chewy

Just had a look at the entry list, looks like we Brits are well represented gain...always fing a good name in the entries .. there it a Guy tits riding... makes me feel a whole lot better about my surname.are there any other over 60 's riding S3 or is it only me daft enough. I assume everybody knows about the barbecue meal in the village on (usually Sat night) not finest cuisine but organised by local traders with all proceeds to local (village and surrounds) charities.....has to be "politic " to partake..

Youll have a good time, stock up on fuel the nearest petrol station is in Gueret, got a good <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> if youre not camping makes sure you have paperwork and working lights

(bed and breakfast!!!!)

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I'm going this year, first time I 'll have ridden outside the UK so looking forward to it.

Couple of my mates are doing S3 route, I'm doing S2.

apart from stop in Calais and stock up on drink any tips chewy ?

Patience you will need with so many riders and tricky sections all riden stop allowed (dont know what the regs specify!) S2 will be quite hard you can opt for one or two laps...two laps for 4 days will be physical ..so carry water and avoid too much wine at lunch stops.. try to speak the lingo if its only bonjour ..ca va..merci etc. Steel jerry cans in the trailor in good time each evening or morning.Lady at the village shop is english so be polite...humour oficials as they have very very very very long days. you must have working lights tooth protector.bar stop ends or good grips (no sharp edges) french rules re sac a dos (rucksacs) are water only you can wear it riding sections if tools /spares in it you must take it off little things like this wind up officials... generally you know the phrase when in Rome do as the Romans. Come and say hello to us we always up top near the shower block. We doing the 3 days of Ardeche again this year .it's a much better trial to ride. there is also a trial i'd like to do 3 days of Valtellina ..2 days of Ibiza also..if Aveyron ever gets to run again it's the best.

Edited by chewy

What is good or best is always going to be subjective...did you do the 3 day or 4 day in springtime?..it's all academic as Molino the main man is quite ill and that trial won't happen without him. I got talking to Janet (better Half) and it seems I 've had a senior moment reference fueling.... her recolection is that each lap is a fig 8 loop thus you can refuel every half lap , also regards water for drinking.... we find sticking to one/any brand of bottled water for the whole journey/holiday is safer for the digestion.. it's not that tap water is poison or anything like that ..it's just different in different places, A pair of plastic shower soes is a good idea to take,...she also remembers dust /air filter (s) being a servicing must... regards start time ..you get to choose in theory but it seems to go out of the window in practice; its not important unless you're the sort to get everything sorted in your mind/organisation..then you breeze into the parc ferme to find a hundred bikes queing up to start in front of you. As we don't worry about results we prefer to be first round but our riding mates soon turn that into last...sections are mostly grippy rock outcrops but as you know "sneaky" lines develop, awkward bits tend to dissapear.observers get less attentive etc etc as the day goes on, Its worth thinking about minding/catching each other with your riding mates on some of the sections as them rocks arn't very forgiving...best thing for non french speaking riders is that there is always somebody within earshot to help out if you're in trouble . I had the funniest veiwpoint last year with a Brit rider asking the observer if he could go back a bit more in english, the observer saying .if he goes back any more i'm gonna five him... the Brit thinking the answer was yea do what you like.. and so on later the observer saying the stupid rider understands nothing ..the Rider saying stupid observer said it was allright etc... quite funny for me but maybe not for those involved.

Bottled water is fine any brand throughout europe never had a problem.

Petrol be sure to pay for it on the long loop day, they refuel you a way out.

Averyon, i did the 4 day in the springtime it was like a road race in parts they seemed to by pass all the good sections and didnt undrstand that going 50mph through towns was stupid.

Lots of queing too with top riders pushing in.Worst Trial I've seen or done abroad.

Just back from the 3 Jours du Indre, this is a much better trial than the Averyon 4 day. I aslo rode the same year as the Dabster, definately a road race round gravel tracks.

I understand theres over 300 riders in Creuse, going to be some queing!