Rev 3 270 - Chain

ludescotty

Hi, ive recently got a rev3 270, started cleaning it up a bit earlier this evening and decided to take the chain off. the clip to secure the link was on the inside of the chain (facing the wheel) and had some wear on it. The other side of the link also had some wear on the outside. when i looked it appears to be catching very slightly on the foot peg bracket.

is this a common thing? is there a fix for this?

if i put the link in from the wheel side and the clip on the outside of the chain (where i think it should be) im pretty sure it will catch on the foot peg bracket.

It's another of these "they all do that Sir" items. There's not much clearance there and production tolerances will make some bikes worse than others for this rubbing. Mine does it from time to time. I thought about thinning the thread boss but I've come to just thole it. And keeping the link the "proper" way round, ie as you found it, will help, though it is done to prevent it catching as said above.

On my 200 the clip has to be on the inside otherwise it just touches the worn brake pedal and it goes click click click click as you go along. Took me ages to work it out and it felt very weird putting the spring clip on the wrong side. I always wondered why the previous owner had done this as well!

lol not just me then :)

it does feel strange putting it on the inside, never come across that before. it is a bit daft keeping it that close to the peg brackets. im dreading the day it comes off and kinks up at the front, my old scorpa used to do it from time to time and that ended up pushing the chain guard off with a small part of the engine casing :( and there was much more room on that.