Can My Rev 3 2T Engine Run Backwards?

grumpyoldman

I have yet to get round to doing the clutch mod yet so when I ease the clutch before starting the bike I put it in 1st gear and then stand astride the bike and push backwards until it releases.

Except on Saturday it fired an ran within 6" of pushing, with no choke or fuel on!!!!

Never thought about until I stopped after a 5 minute run round the field but do they run backwards and did I do any damage?

And NO - the gearbox didn't work in reverse!!

Thanks for that reassurance - it seemed ok at the time.

A hell of a shock when it started so easily though.

It did nor RUN backwards then if the bike was moving forward, it simply lit off, yet the proper direction.

Don't really think any of the electronic ignitions will actually Run backwarda, as compared to an old points style set too close to tdc..

It did nor RUN backwards then if the bike was moving forward, it simply lit off, yet the proper direction.

Don't really think any of the electronic ignitions will actually Run backwarda, as compared to an old points style set too close to tdc..

I was pushing it backwards, not forwards, so I could put some weight on the back wheel to release the clutch.

An easy way to stop it running backwards would be to not push it backwards :guinness:

I'll have the Guinness please but not the advice. :D

All I would do would be to leave a long scuff along the drive or grass if I pushed it forwards. :(

If the damn thing had a seat like my insurance company wanted :o it would be easier.