Fat Bar Machining To Original Yokes

owen

Hello,

does anyone know of a machine shop locally to Bristol or that can deal with the job or someone by post, to machine out standard top yoke bar clamps to the fat bar size, I think standards are 22mm (7/8")are and the fat bars comes in at 28.6mm (1 1/8")

Prefer to go by recommendation rather than hunting around and taking pot luck!!

thanks

Owen

I'd imagine the cost of booking that in as a proper job with an engineering firm would be hugely expensive. The set up time and machining time etc. You may be better off buying the top yoke that will take the fatbars from Yamaha Majesty.com - assuming your bike is a TY175 that is.

There's no real advantage having those bars though, a lot of expense for no gain. Unless you just like them of course which is a different matter, then no other reason needed.

Yes, the majesty billet yokes are indeed lovely, nothing against their kit because it is top notch and well worth the money, just a bit too much for my pockets at the moment.

any other suggestions??

thanks Jon, i know its a bit bling but there you go, ever the tarts handbag!!! i know Mr Bowden so i'll give him a call.

on the Trial at Frys Bottom you said the next Bath Classic was cancelled but gave a alternative club running one on that day, ive forgotten who though, please refresh my bad memory?

thanks again

Owen

Yes, I didn't complete the whole thing I'm afraid, came along with some friends who had some mechanical failures so they were looking bored and despondent on the side lines so as it was hot we finished early and went home for tea! Some sections had a few queues so I did what sections I could manage and we're quiet and called it a day.

Good day out as always, all I need now is some more practice and a lot of luck and I may start to improve my numbers!! Just starting to think about how to improve and get a better line through the section rather than just being happy to complete a section. Any comments good or bad are appreciated?

Thanks

Owen

The main thing is to practice and ride as many trials as you can - observing can really help too,watching how the better riders chose their line etc.

Keep trying and set yourself goals to achieve,it really is worth it. :thumbup: