Need Help With 4Rt Twin Programmable Throttle Body

dye29

hy all just purchased a twin throttle body with switch but totally stuck where do i plug the switch in so i can swap from one map to other and how do i put 2 maps on it looks complicated i dont no where to start , cheers ste

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switch plugs into a spare socket already there in the wiring loom under head stock already if I recall correctly.

PTB just replaces original one.

You then need leads, software, computer with an serial port or you will need a USB/serial port adapter, and a 12v battery.

For 2 map software must be the 07 version.

Maps must also be modded for a 2 map set up.

Have search through past threads and all info there I believe

i think ive got everything i got it from jim sandifords leads ,software ,disc with 10 maps, throttle body was quite pricy but hopefully worth it , the instructions are terrible , so the switch goes into a spare plug connector near headstock , how do i no if its setup for 2 maps ,cheers ste

throttle bodies as either a single or twin map versions and not changebale . I guess if its a single map version it will ignore what ever the switch is on. On the 2 map PTB it reads the switch and changes map accordingly . You can have the same map in both setting on a twin map bike tho.

Check yopur PC to see ifit has a serial port rather than just USB like on most modern computers

its defo a twin i paid extra , ive got the usb fitting for laptop but my pc has the serial and ive tryed from both ill tell you what ive done , 1st plug everything in and to battery ,2nd opened programme,3rd inserted maps disc then on programme open then pick map and write but when it gets that far it just says (THE ECU CANNOT BE SHIFTED TO THE DATA TRANSMISSION MODE) why is this im totally stuck .

sorry for been thick but i thought when i bought this that i can put say a mild map on and power map and just flick switch between

Edited by dye29

Hi Dye29

The appear that there are similar problems with the data connection in a Honda CRF450R. Try this.

(1) Turn the Serial-USB I / F unit power switch off.

(2) Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

(3) Reconnect the USB cable.

(4) Turn the unit power switch on. The second time you connect, the error ska no longer occur.

This is an article that I have seen on motocrossactionmag.com

Greetings

Honda_freak

funny you saying that i googled the problem and did that no look , ive been reading more and i think i must have to check what comm port im using then select that number im guessing

cheers jimmy ill try soon fingers crossed

would it not be working because i havnt got the twin switch to swap maps over connected i still cant find where to plug her in

Edited by dye29

i all just a update ive found where to plug switch in , i checked divice manager and its on comm4 so loaded program and selected comm4 then picked map then write and guess what i still have the famous error (THE ECU CANNOT BE SHIFTED TO THE DATA TRANSMISSION MODE) ive tryed the unplugging method but no good anyone have any ideas im really stuck cheers ste

Hi,

There is a lot of information about Montesa 4RT, including the maps and manuals on the following page:

http://www.montesa4rt.nl/

The site did used to have an English part, but it looks like they're doing a lot of updates so it's mainly in Dutch (I think). However, all of the manuals for programming the throttle body are in English. This might help with your trouble shooting and making sure that everything is connected properly.

I never had much luck trying to use the HRC programming tool using a USB to serial converter on a newer laptop that didn't have a serial port. I ended up borrowing an old laptop from a friend and then buying one from Ebay that had Windows 95.

Regards

David

ye im thinking that the usb lead isnt working , just another thing i have a twin body with switch how would i put 2 maps on id of expected part1 and part2 but theres nothing like that on program oh and in my instructions it says save map why do i need to when i already have it

i must be the unluckyest person ive tryed a pc and 2 laptops no good so dug out a old dell laptop with the serial port and on xp and the think wont read the disc ahhhhhhh