Need Help With 4Rt Twin Programmable Throttle Body

dye29

Here are some more photos. My old laptop is a COMPAQ M700. All you should need is a laptop with Windows XP (or Windows 98) and a serial port.

My laptop only has a serial port, so the programming tool plugs directly into the laptop. It doesn’t go through any converter into a USB port.

connector.jpg

In Windows 98 Device Manager I have a COM1 port listed. It doesn’t ‘pop up’ it’s just there it doesn’t matter if the programmer is plugged in or not. I’m sure that it is the same in Windows XP. I get the setting selecting the Properties > Port Settings as shown above.

devmgr.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a chance does anyone no much about laptops i do have a old one with serial port on xp BUT it wont read this disc it will only read music cds any idea before i buy another cheers ste

hy guys i think im getting closer lol , ive bought a old laptop connected all up but get this error does anyone no what it means (COM init.(B)F/B data error) hopefully this is the problem cheers ste

Dye - I've not been on for a few days. Looking on the net it would seem to indicate that you COM port isn't set correctly. Have a look at one of my previous posts and check that your COM port is set as mine is in the screen capture.

• 1 month later...

haha it was nightmare but it wasnt sandifords fault it was there suplyer sending her wrong discs all time , does anyone no how to get hold of a program to make maps ive seen one on welkom montesa site but wont let me download oh and some crazy maps if possible cheers