Scorpa Sy 250 Big End Bearing

ducati996

because its a lot cheaper & its the only thing thats worn conrod kit £200 +,probably put new crank pin in ,apparently big end bearing is made specifically for yamaha hence the expensive price £63 mains r only £13 each head gasket £69 plus vat crazy

It's false economy to only change the rollers. The pin and rod will also be worn if the rollers are worn, even if they look OK and someone will be having to do the whole job over again shortly.

yes head gaskets are expensive, but you don't have to change the head gasket if you take the cylinder off with the head intact

Apparently u can still use head gasket as long as u not cooked engine,clutch cover gasket £20 were do the get these prices from its only cardboard,does mean however that my cornflakes box must b worth £40 as i should get 2 gaskets out of it & it comes full of cornflakes.

Going back to the bearing the play is very small u can barely notice it thats why i was hoping to get away with just bearing if a small end bearing went u wouldnt change the rod so whats the difference apart from the size of the two jobs.

I can see the sense in changing just the bearing as you point out, it is very rare to change the rod but not the little end bearing, the con rod is incredibly hard and if there are no obvious signs of wear, ridges or ovality then i can't see a problem putting a new bearing in, tricky bit might be getting the correct bearing.

Also have to agree about some of the manufacturers having our pants down on parts prices, another good reason to diy on the big end bearing

Dont think u can get a pattern bearing think yamaha have us over a barrell, was told yamaha tzr 250 r bearing was the same so phoned fowlers up & price was exactly the same.

Managed to break rear brake pipe joint when removing engine from frame scorpa want £47 for new braided pipe found 1 on ebay for pit bike exactly the same but about 1 ins longer brand new with p+p £9.99