Rev 3 Flywheel Cover Fix

pindie

You've probaly read my post on removing the fly-wheel weight. it is much nicer without it.

Snag is I am getting moisture in the cover still. Not large amounts of water but enough to condense as small droplets on the back of the cover.

I think the standard vent tube is too thin and too long to allow any vapour to escape. I don't want to drill a 3mm hole in the cover to let water run out as there is not much getting in. I also ride in a lot of water so don't want water rushing in.

At the moment I am leaving the cover off between rides and letting it dry out. The wires going into the case are all siliconed and I also sealed the case with auto silicone when I put it back on but water vapour has still developed.

like I said. Not much in there at all but it was damp.

Any ideas? Is there a better casing on offer?

Sounds more like condensation than a leak As the engine will be hot and cold water on the outside will draw air back up the vent pipe as the air inside the case contracts as it cools drawing in damp air in Do not block the vent pipe as the case has to breath