Ossa Spare Wheel

jsp

i ve jus been looking at some photos of yesterdays practice lap

from the west of england BTC and Guy Kendrew has a silver

non sealed rear wheel fitted to his ossa, anyone know how

to convert a std wheel to fit ?

jsp

I have had a chat with Guys and my local dealer today about the spare rear wheel, he is using a 07 Beta wheel but you have to do loads to it to make it fit, swap the spokes from one side to another and get wheel and disc spacers machined up, basically not worth the chew on.

• 1 year later...

Hi jsp,

You can use a wheel from a 2001 GG, if you can keep air in it. Use a smaller diameter disc to suit the Ossa set up, fit it with washers between the disc and the hub as you need this offset to fit, countersink the mounting holes and use allen screws, make up a spacer for the sprocket side, then make 2 sleeves to take up the difference in the Ossa axle diameter and the GG, which is smaller. Do this if you want to use the original GG axle. If you ever want to go down this track, I can measure up the parts I made and give you the details.

The sprocket needs to sit out a further 6mm from the hub, easy, use an old sprocket as a spacer and cut off the outer ring so you end up with a neat aluminium ring. Probably no more than 5 or 10 mins work............Have you got a lathe?

Bye, Peter.