Which Bike?

onewheelsenuff

Hi, i'm a newbie to this site but been riding for more years than I care to remember. Have ridden sports bikes and now going back to dirt as more fun.

So My question is simple and very subjective but would appreciate all contributions:

Which bike?

Lost track of manufacturers and spec in this area.

My only steer on this I would prefer 4 stroke as never been much into oil/ petrol mix and will be using it more for hill climbs, some trails etc so something with some go in it.

Many thanks.

I'm a Beta 200 fan. Sadly they don't to a 4t one.

Its easy to mix fuel and if you get a 3ltr jug and a pre measured pot it is very simple and quick to do. This means you have much more bike choice if you go 2t.

Don't overbike your self. A 200 is amazingly capable and won't jump out your hands when tired but it may be revy on the trail. I can't say I find my Rev 3 200 rvey though.

If you are not going to do trial competition why not look at the Scorpa T Ride?

If you want to compete then get a trialer.

If trail riding/enduro is more your scene do not use a trials bike as it will be pants compared to a proper enduro model.

Edited by pindie

you're not exactly spoiled for choice if you insist on a 4 banger,

the beta is the best looking bike on the market. <----- actual, factual fact.

however, the montesa got a honda engine.

id get the beta.

I have just invested in my first trials bike. Its a Gas Gas TXT 250 Pro... Year 2000.

Thoughts ? Paid £800 for it - Good Value or pants been pulled down ?

If it runs ok then sounds about right to me, if your new it'll be much better than you are anyway, just like my bikes!! Get out and enjoy it.

Freshen your TXT up with new linkage, shock bearings etc and slowly work your way round the bike changing all oils and fluids for decent stuff. It'll make a big difference and let you know the bike intimately.

Search on here for Andy Dawson as a shock re builder if need be or PM me and I'll give you his number. It's less than £100 and makes the bike a lot nicer to ride.

Once fresh it will be time to set all the suspension up properly. Theres loads of set up info on the GG USA web site (and pdf manuals etc).

You will get a few years out the bike no problem.