Gearbox/clutch Problem

griffith

Hello I could do with a bit of advice on my 2005 280 pro.

I have become aware that when the bike is ticking over in neutral with the clutch lever in its very quiet but when you release the clutch lever there is a constant rumble from the clutch area, I suspect that a bearing is away but being fairly new to the bike and hoping to repair it myself I could do with a bit of experienced advice on the most likely source of the noise and what is involved in the repair and other components that may be worth changing in the process I am a reasonably able mechanic.

Some rattle is normal but If the noise changes or gets worse don't ride the bike until it has been stripped and examined, you could do expensive damage. I know of a pro just over a year old on which the rattle suddenly got slightly worse but he kept riding it for the rest of the evening. One of the tiny rollers on the clutch release bearing came out, damaged other parts then bits off them damaged yet more. The bill? well over £600.

Cheers

Hello and thank you for your help, I am now reasonably happy that it is normal, I am out on it tonight and hope fully I will see another 280 pro and have an listen to that, I will keep an eye/ear on on mine see how it goes. Thank you all.

Hello and thank you for your help, I am now reasonably happy that it is normal, I am out on it tonight and hopefully I will see another 280 pro and have an listen to that, I will keep an eye/ear on mine see how it goes. Thank you all.