Montesa 348 Gearbox Help!

betarick

http://www.facebook....11497569&type=1Right im in need of help with my 348 gearbox! just been placing all shafts out to see whats there and not? Bought the bike in bits with engine/gearbox stripped. I have a parts diagram but cant figure out what im missing or where it all goes! All can figure out is that im missing kickstart shaft circlip and spacer/washer. I have 4 large brass shims for crankshaft but have just one small brass shim is this for selector? and should there be more? also there is another six shims where do these go? I will post a link to pics so please help as im at a loss!

the 200 shafts and selector drum are all shimmed in the left case so would think yours are all shimmed from one side only ,gear selector i dont think is shimmed just the drum ,,if your changing crank mains then i expect the crank would need rechecking ,from what i can gather you will need to temporarily fit cases together with a gasket old one may be better tighten cases up and check for side to side movement on all shafts be carefull non are over shimmed when tightening as could put pressure on cases causing damage , i dont know the exact clearences but as long as there is slight movement it should be ok