2002 290 Clutch Slips Until Engine Warmed Up

bmktw2

The previous owner told me this was normal for the clutch to slip until the engine warms up.

This is not normal on any other motorcycle or car/truck I have ever experienced.

What is the truth? Is that how Sherco makes them? Or do I need to service something wrong with the bike?

Thanks alot!!!

The clutch on my Sherco 250 doesn't disengage properly when I first start the engine but once it has warmed up its fine.

I have not had it long, when it first happened I thought it may need the fluid replacing/bleeding or the plates replacing or something.

Ok, SLIPPING and STICKING are two different things.

Do you mean that the clutch does not release with the lever pulled in? So it drives forward reguardless when placed into gear?

Ya it just wants to drive away with you on it and you cant really stop it unless you shift it into neutral or else it stalls.

My 125 Sherco and my 250 Beta used to do this, but after following the modification tips on this forum [have a look] no more clutch problems at all, cold or warm.

Cheers Taff

Thanks Taff, Ill check it out.

• 5 weeks later...