Ahrma Rules

mcman56

The AHRMA rule book states:

13.2.6 ALL MODIFICATIONS MUST BE CONSISTENT WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE CLASS. Period modifications have been extensively documented and machines with obvious non-period or excessive modifications will be disqualified or required to compete in the next-higher-level class.

Where would one find this extensive documentation for a premier trials bike frame as in C15?

Would a home made Otter frame be legal?

Edited by mcman56

For whatever reason the actual Otter Frame is NOT allowed in Premier Class and can only be used in Classic. No reasons were ever given ! Parts up to 1974 may be used on Premier machines but strangely no mention of NEW frames from Nevada and made in Colorado that grace many Premier Heavyweights. For eligibility your best bet is to contact Matt at Speed & Sport........ or join ITSA

Tony

Hi Guy's

I just cant still understand why the BSA "Otter" frame is treated the way it is?

It is a direct copy Of the Scott Ellis 1965 British Experts winning bike. And also a copy of Pat Slinn's BSA frame built in 1964-5.

So what is the problem???

Just take a look at more of the history of the bike on my web site www.bsaotter.com and then tell me why this bike should not be used in any Classic class??

Regards Charlie.

Matt confirmed that the Otter frame is not acceptable in the premier class. It does sound like some frame mods are OK. I have a spare 1965 frame. To improve ground clearance, it seems that you could lift the motor and bottom frame rails up until the top of the head hits the frame. Has anyone done this?

You can do virtually anything with the original frame, its just the Otter frame they do not like! Currently all the "other" after market frames are seemingly acceptable within the Premier divisions and of course nobody would bat an eyelid at a 2012 Dick Mann frame. You can use the Otter frame in Classic if thats any help.

Tony

Hi Guy’s.

All I really need is an explanation why the “Otter” frame is not acceptable in the Premier class or any other come to that.

If you can modify frames to the degree you have stated, what is wrong with a frame design for a BSA trials bike that came from the Sixties?

The “Otter” frame is simple and does several jobs, that’s why it was designed. And using one of this type of frame can only reduce the cost in your build of a Classic Trials Bike! Whether you buy a frame, or build one yourself, you will save many hours compared with modifying any other frame to suit the so called rules.

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy’s.

All I really need is an explanation why the “Otter” frame is not acceptable in the Premier class or any other come to that.

If you can modify frames to the degree you have stated, what is wrong with a frame design for a BSA trials bike that came from the Sixties?

The “Otter” frame is simple and does several jobs, that’s why it was designed. And using one of this type of frame can only reduce the cost in your build of a Classic Trials Bike! Whether you buy a frame, or build one yourself, you will save many hours compared with modifying any other frame to suit the so called rules.

Regards Charlie.

Quit trying to understand! It is because there are soo many experts there, you know! Tell Charlie about other bikes like TY and Monts, Tony!

• 2 months later...