Dunlop Or X11

shercoben12

Can't answer that from experience as Dunlops haven't been available is this part of the world for years, used to love the Dunlop 801 on my Gas Gas at the time & couldn't get on with the Michelin X11. Main memory of the Dunlop was that they wore quicker than the Michelin but would grip a bit better for the same amount of wear on the tyre

That all changed when I got my 99 Bultaco, could find good grip with the X11 & IRC tyres. Been on Shercos ever since

There was a thread in general trials talk not long ago that talked about the tyres relative strengths & weaknesses

Edited by tony27

Mich is a good tire, maybe the finest all round, yet I can get Dunlops here for aner 2/3 the cost, and I cannot tell enoug difference to make it worth the dosh.

They will run at really low pressures as well, all up to the user really.

I have used the dunlops for a while now because i'm tight & they are cheaper than the X11's.

I have found them to be a great tyre though, but they seem to take one or two trials before they offer the best grip.

They do seem to last quite a while however.