Gas Gas Engine Problem

richparsons

Rich, I don't know that you realize, you haven't told anyone enough about what is going on, to do anything but make smart ass remarks... We don't even have a clue which bike you have, for all we know... I mean, we can assume you have a gas gas, BUT you could have meant to post in any other place so I cannot assume anything.

But, if it will help you...

The transmission oil would not affect your bike running, unless you used the wrong oil, failed to fill it to proper levels.

Just a guess, and from other newbs to motorcycling, to me it sounds more like you failed to mix 2 stroke oil, with your fuel or didnt mix it the right amount? Or your gastank is plugged up and not feeding he carb the fuel. Carbs can get clogged in the jets and other small little openings. you could have all kinds of things causing this from electrical to air leaks in combustion area..

Then there are a few little tests you can do, things to check, but honestly the information you need to trouble shoot is in books, no need for us to rewrite the whole book on this forum.

So, if what you post is all you know, you best find a buddy that can help you with diagnosing that bike, not to mention maybe a mechanic familiar with trails bikes? Assuming it is a trials bike of course.

Edited by sting32
  • Like 1

sorry about that t a Gas Gas xtx270 1998 model t was going well then just died on me the kick start was stuck butt the day after i t was free it got loads of spark i towed it with my van and it started it was going for 5 then lost his revs and died again loads of compression as well ??

Rich!

Seriously, it sounds exactly like you have failed to put oil into your gas? OR possibly you tried to use something like regular MOTOR OIL in your fuel, which is a BIG NO NO... which then due to lack of lubrication to the cylinder and the piston area and crank case, has seized the engine.

BE DANG SURE you are adding 2-Stroke engine oil added to your gas, at 80:1 MINIMUM?

Some like to run it at 60:1, this is not the same oil you will put into the transmission/gearbox. that only oils the gears and clutch and stuff in the tranny area.

It has to be 2stroke oil that you will use in the gas, I really like my Castrol TTS 2cycle oil.

http://www.castrol.c...ntentId=7040552 Others like other brands.

If the above are not the cause, maybe it overheated? check radiator?

Edited by sting32
  • Like 1

Rich I've just read through this topic and I have a couple of questions just to clarify things.

Exactly what oil did you change? The oil that goes in the gearbox or the oil that goes in the fuel tank?

If it was the oil in the gearbox what did you put in and how much?

If it was the oil in the fuel tank again what did you put in and how much?

Do you understand that you have to mix 2 stroke oil with the fuel?

If you tell us EXACTLY what you did then we can better help your problem.

Edited by tazz229