Can You Get Trials Boots Resoled?

haighy

I had the soles on a pair of Gaernes replaced by a local cobbler; he told me mine were the first and last pair he'd ever tackle! Apparently it took ages to grind the old soles off mainly because the process filled the shop with so much smoke the fire alarm kept going off. He did do a good job, but the new soles could've done with some little screws or something else to secure them at the front edge because they started peeling off and would never stick back down for long.

If you have Gaerne boots, MRS can supply new soles, maybe other importers also can for their boots.

A good old fashioned shoe repairer should be able to do the job, and if the surface is prepared correctly, clean and dry, good quality contact adhesive should give a secure sole.

Your Gaerne soles must have been on there alot better than mine. My cobbler ripped mine off clean with a pair of vise grips. Both boots! No grinding involved. He was not impressed with there overall construction and called them cheap! I always liked them other than the soles delaminating too easy. It was only $15 to repair (I supplied the replacement soles) so I can live with replacing them on a yearly basis if needed.

I had the soles on a pair of Gaernes replaced by a local cobbler; he told me mine were the first and last pair he'd ever tackle! Apparently it took ages to grind the old soles off mainly because the process filled the shop with so much smoke the fire alarm kept going off. He did do a good job, but the new soles could've done with some little screws or something else to secure them at the front edge because they started peeling off and would never stick back down for long.