Exhaust System

gasserboy

Thought my bike was sounding a little bit louder and not as crisp, on inspection of the middle box the baffle has all come apart!! :huh:

So need a new middle box was just wondering if the 2002 middle box/sliencer is better than the 05 as all the top lads have them on cheers.

The 02 centre box requires a different silencer and although the top lads use them it doesnt mean they are better for the likes of you and me as from what i can gather they can give more power. The 03 centre box is steel and wont falll apart so that would definitlely be the way to go.

If you have an 05 it would be under warranty!!

It happened to my 04 300 and i know alot who had the same problem but putting the steel centre box on cetainly wicked it up a bit and not in a good way. It made the power extremely sharp!!!!

'Gasserboy'!! ;)

You need to modify the front pipe to fit an '02 Mid-box and also need a new silencer.

If I were you ( :D ) i'd stick to the Alluminium ones, as they are a fraction of the weight of the steel ones and less expensive :rolleyes:

Just get it fixed chuck, or warranty ur other one coz your bike is not that old!!

Steel mid-box of GasgasUK is

My 04 300 has the std ally center box wheras my mates has the steel box (its "I didnt do the Scott" Jenkinism's old bike), and my bike is much easier to ride for a less than average rider.

Just a thought before ypu go for thr steel box!!!

and i was going to ask if anyone wanted to swap my 03 steel one for an ally one!!!

Does it really soften the bike... or is it just that they sound a bit softer. ?

has your GG got any original components? :rolleyes: