Recently Broke Trials Virginity....

od10

Hey all.

Yep, as title, on Sunday I broke my Trials virginity and took part in my local club trial. I have had the bike for about 10 months but being from MX only used it a few times. So, with the season now finished and with my arm being twisted by a pal who rides trials I entered. And..........what a mega day!! Such a varied range of different people and bikes who are all up for the craic. Loved every minute of it. So much so, I have entered one this coming Sunday. Bit by the bug SEVERELY!! Haha.

Cool! Good work.

I'm doing the same this Saturday.

Got the bike a month or so ago, but I've not had a chance to use it at all. 1st Trial on Saturday; bar a couple of laps of BVMs car park, it will my first go on a trials bike.

Should be Interesting!

Cool! Good work.

Got the bike a month or so ago, but I've not had a chance to use it at all. 1st Trial on Saturday; bar a couple of laps of BVMs car park, it will my first go on a trials bike.

Should be Interesting!

I really need to be a billionaire............................. So I could hop in my private jet and be there to watch you. :D

Have a good time, don't worry about points....(you will get a few ;) ) Just have fun.

Ha, thanks zippy!

It's an "Easy" trial, and I've entered the "Very Easy" category, so I'm hoping for sections such as The Big Flat Sheet of Plywood, The Muddy Puddle and The Slight Incline.

I'm really looking forward to it, though. Just hope the bike behaves. If I come out half as jazzed as od10, I'll count that as a good day.

And good luck for Sunday, od10!

Edited for near illegibly small writing. how did that happen?!

Edited by nedrapier

Ha, thanks zippy!

It's an "Easy" trial, and I've entered the "Very Easy" category, so I'm hoping for sections such as The Big Flat Sheet of Plywood, The Muddy Puddle and The Slight Incline.

I'm really looking forward to it, though. Just hope the bike behaves. If I come out half as jazzed as od10, I'll count that as a good day.

And good luck for Sunday, od10!

OH You are falling for the classic misdirection of the course maker........

The Big Flat Sheet of Plywood - will be covered in greasy slime and have zero traction, you will put your foot down all day just trying to turn off the darn thing.

The Muddy Puddle - will be 4 feet deep....

The Slight Incline - will be dry loose sand, your rear tire will just dig a hole.

Actually I have had events where I looked at a section and the spot I thought was going to be easiest I took points all day in that spot. Drives me completely mental....but in a good way.

od10 and nedrapier WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WEIRD WORLD OF TRIALS we are happy to have you and please enjoy yourselves.

Cool! Good work.

Should be Interesting!

You will love it. I cant wait until Sunday.

If you think you will fall off and entertain everyone charge em all for a ticket first :D

First trial, just aim for a finish an enjoy it and I bet you won't be last!

............2nd to last!! Hahaha!! I dont really care, I had a blast anyway.

this season at an event we had 2 riders in Sportsman class. The guy in second proudly proclaimed "I got second place" When asked about the other rider the guy in second said "He did not do so good, he came in next to last" :rotfl:

A good time is what it is all about............

this season at an event we had 2 riders in Sportsman class. The guy in second proudly proclaimed "I got second place" When asked about the other rider the guy in second said "He did not do so good, he came in next to last" :rotfl:

A good time is what it is all about............

Haha I will remember that one for Monday morning when people ask how I got on.

'First trial, just aim for a finish an enjoy it and I bet you won't be last!'

There you go I was right!

You have to put in a lot more effort to come last :thumbup:

OH You are falling for the classic misdirection of the course maker........

The Big Flat Sheet of Plywood - will be covered in greasy slime and have zero traction, you will put your foot down all day just trying to turn off the darn thing.

The Muddy Puddle - will be 4 feet deep....

The Slight Incline - will be dry loose sand, your rear tire will just dig a hole.

Actually I have had events where I looked at a section and the spot I thought was going to be easiest I took points all day in that spot. Drives me completely mental....but in a good way.

od10 and nedrapier WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WEIRD WORLD OF TRIALS we are happy to have you and please enjoy yourselves.

Thanks zippy......its a great weird world!!

Woo. First place in my category!

And also dead last in my category - I was the only adult riding the very easy course. I would have beaten a couple little kiddies if I'd lied about my age, though! And been thrashed by some others.

Ace fun, great day, if a little slippy. I tried some of the harder sections after I'd finished, and got on pretty well. The shine was taken off slightly by the massive ballache that is dismantling the bike, putting it in the back of the car, then lugging it down the stairs into the basement. End of the month delivery for the metal shed can't come quick enough!

Edited by nedrapier