Show Your Montesa 4RT

surfted

Agree totally with your comments on the Mont. The front Dunlop is skittish on wet rocks when riding through streams and if you try the stiffness of the tread knobbles , you can feel the difference when you compare them directly . The back one i find just as good probably due to the extra weight of the bike.

As far as balance goes , it's easier to find when you stop from moving .The only bike i've ever got on and balanced instantly is the 2013 GasGas txt 250.

The Monts quality is head and shoulders above the rest and after several hours use the only thing i've done to it is adjust the chain.

It's ridiculously easy to control power on climbs of all types with low down traction .

One thing, those bloody great bolt's that hold the bash plate on,replace them with some dome headed Allen bolt's made from stainless , and then be amazed how heavy those bolts are in comparison .

HA HA HA ,laughed so much at the Chinese quality comment and have to agree , but i do like the Beta .

Get yourself some ti ones, I'm having a job to keep the front end down now :0)
  • Like 1

Went to Backcowm quarry today.Then a cloud came and rested on it and pished down for an hour or so .Then the cloud moved until 11.45,and then it rained .went back to the car and sat and had a brew.Didn't stop , so i fact off out again and was wet but enjoying my self.Came across these two young lads on 125s(1 beta 1 GasGas ) one of them was called Tom and the other lad was the125 national ACU youth champion.Hell fire , he was brill . I rode off and went making some sections . Did some wading and hit a rock . Oh dear , under the water up to my shoulders (whilst in the horizontal plane) and the bike kept running .The exhaust was under.so i give the throttle a blast and got to my knees,lifted the bike and was expecting it to cut out because of ingestion. No no no.The red rooster carried on running .Lucky so and so.Was so wet and ful off stinking quarry dirt it felt like i'd crapped my pants . Could feel grit under my ball sack . had to stop and get it out.

So here's a pic or two of finest Lancashire , English summer weather for those who think summer means sunshine.post-16629-0-26437200-1402172371_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-67365500-1402172492_thumb.jpgpost-16629-0-87806500-1402172566_thumb.jpg

By the way ,that's loads steeper than it looks on the photo.

Edited by shyted
  • Like 1