Strange Switch On Txt 250 2008

wruffit

Afternoon all,

I've just bought a 2008 TXT 250 (black frame) and have a random switch on the left hand side near the top of the rad. It is a little round rocker switch which looks like a factory item.. any idea what it is there for? I guess a dual map but there is no markings on it and I can't seem to work out what it is...

Any help much appreciated.

Wruffit

I agree with tankygsy. The rocker switch on my 2010 280 Pro has a little picture of cloud, that I assume means you use it on wet, rainy days, and the other end has a "sun" picture. I'm going to assume this is meant for those sunny days of summer I miss so fondly right now (it's wet & cold outside here right now... I've been freezing my butt off trying to bleed the stinkin' rear brake......).

Actually, I notice no difference regardless of what position that thng is in. The previous owner I bought the bike from said the same thing. I read on one internet message board that it's more noticeable in the upper rev range of the motor, a place where my motor seldom goes......

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron

I agree with tankygsy. The rocker switch on my 2010 280 Pro has a little picture of cloud, that I assume means you use it on wet, rainy days, and the other end has a "sun" picture. I'm going to assume this is meant for those sunny days of summer I miss so fondly right now (it's wet & cold outside here right now... I've been freezing my butt off trying to bleed the stinkin' rear brake......).

Actually, I notice no difference regardless of what position that thng is in. The previous owner I bought the bike from said the same thing. I read on one internet message board that it's more noticeable in the upper rev range of the motor, a place where my motor seldom goes......

Jimmie

I've never noticed a difference on my 300. With regards to it being more noticeable in the upper rev range - when are you ever at high revs in really ****ty muddy conditions? You'd be spinning up all over the place?

It changes the timing "curve!"

and yeah, might hardly be noticable for newbs to amatures, that cannot run the clutch right yet. But the better the rider the more usable things like better tires, better shocks, better engines come into play. the bikes or models, are not solely marketed to newbs, so ignore what you need to for now, maybe later it will affect you? I ride with mine on clouds, if it matters, I moved it once, I cant tell enough difference, so honestly, that means I don't ride well enough to be EFF-in with the switch... Though, I like that someday I could be riding great enough that making this "switch" to switch mappings would help me, without having to research and buy some kind of computer to make a change?

your mileage may vary.