Is This A Fantic 205, Info Wanted & Throttle Cable Needed, Help!

marc54rg

Hi guys I'm new here I've bought this old fantic off a workmate and I have no idea what it is/year/cc etc. I believe it to be a 205 but please correct me if I'm wrong. If it is what cc is it? What year could it be? I took it to Kirton Lindsey quarry today on their bike day and it ran great...until the throttle cable snapped. Who/where do I go to for parts, or where should I get one? Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction!

DAC43363-22C2-4FAA-80AD-D1646C0FD832-22014-00000B9ACADC20D6.jpg

Hope to hear soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mark54 ,I've got heaps of bits ,will have a look through to see if i've got a cable ( good or bad ) if you still need one drop me a line . You should be able to get one from Bob or Steve ,but if not talk to Venhill engineering and they will sort you out . I have a silencer , and a chain tensioner ,you can have them just pay the postage , if your interested mail me .

See from your picture the discs are corroded .If they're bad and you need to replace them ,get ready to nail your hat on . A shocking £100 with postage for the rear and £80 inc postage for the front .Think somones been taking LSD in Italy ,priced up today , even Bob Wright expressed shock horror ,but at least you can still get them .

I really like my 245 ( the 212 cc version of your bike ) i have a 205 in bits as well .

As with alot of trials mono's the lower link assembly bearings and bushes will be stuffed . Apart from the dog bone links , the parts aren't to pricey and relativly easy to repair .

If you get it sorted you wont be dissapointed with what it can do for a 156 cc bike .

Dave .

Edited by shyted

Thanks for the replies, got a throttle cable sorted, £12 for a new 'un, bargain! All fitted and running again now thanks to you guys (used bob wright, 100% recommended!) what do you mean by chain tensioner, like the rollers that MX bikes have? As it had the adjusters on the rear spindle. Shyted, are you in the uk? Thanks!

Hi JFC, yes i'm pretty sure it is as I did wonder why it was there when i removed the tank to fit the throttle cable, probably to stop vibrations/rattles. Was there any other identifying marks on it/do you have a record of the VIN number etc, I wonder if it is yours?! Where did the buyer come from to collect it? If you don't mind me asking what did it sell for, as i'm thinking of selling it now due to lack of use, and i'm unsure of what to ask for it, if anyone knows a rough price then please let me know...

Also, what mix ratio does everyone use on their 205's?

Once again more great replies, thanks!

I always use Castrol 747 at 50/1 it says no leaner than 40/1 on the bottle, but I have used it for years, it smells like castrol R.

Fantics ran on 2% even the filler cap should have an oil measure built in, the twinshocks have the mix ratio embossed on the outside.