Newbee From Pontefract.

zaskar1981

Hi All

Im Matt from pontefract im New to trials,just wanted to say Hi.

The road bike has to go ( too many points and too much earache from the mrs) and after an hour at bumpy on one of there "LOANERS"!! I've been bitten by the trials bug.

Now ive found a couple of bike in the price range i have with chopping in the GSXR and would like to know if there is much difference.

The first is a 2009 Gas Gas Raga and the seccond is a 2009 Beta Evo. Both 250's

Which one is the better beginer bike?

Also is the Horsforth club the one in my area to join? I went to one of there trials to have a nosey on saturday and it seemed very well run?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Matt,

We all know about the other halfs :icon_salut:

Both popular bikes and 250's a good size to start off on. The GG's possibly easier to ride but the Beta's are a great package. May be comes down to condition and price...

Your closest club will be West Leeds MC, http://www.westleeds.co.uk/ Hold most of there club trials at Post Hill, Pudsey.

Cheers, Sam

Lot's of clubs in the area. Just join those that run the Trials for you. West Leeds Horsforth, Spen Valley, Huddersfield Falcons, Bradford, Yeadon Guiseley are all close and run Novice Beginner Trials to cut your teeth on. Barnsley, Eboracum, Ripon are a little further afield but again do some good Novice Beginner events. I'd use BUMPY to get some experience and confidence and then start doing the Novice Beginners in the New Year. Usually the first are at Deer Park Bingley and it depends which club that uses it gets their event in first.

As for the Bike. Either would do the job well. The Gasser has a lighter feel while the Beta feels more planted. It's all in which you feel more comfortable riding so getting out on them will tell you which is for you.

Edited by telecat

Hello Matt . Yep agree about your choice of bikes and what people have said . Here we've got a mint 2000 gas gas 280 and my air cooled 245 Fantic . The Gas gas is a damed good bike . The ideas on it are great when you compare it to the Fantic ,and i dare say the Beta is the same .

Parts are reasonable and on the whole, on hand .Gas Gas U.K have a brill back up service ( thats only my opinion ) and Kev the Mechanic can help if you get any probs , by E-Mail .

We're off to Hawks nest next week near Buxton to practice for the first time . I think you just pay at the farm and thats you all day. thats within reach of you quite easily .

Think theres pleanty of choice out there but still go through the bike . This year ive bought four bikes and all have needed the lower arm link bushes replacing and they aren't cheap even from a bearing suplier . Theyre suposed to get service every 40 houres ish ,but some bikes have had that little use , the pins have corroded even at three years old like my mates rather brill 250 pro which he got for a song out of the local paper.

You can update your bike as well without busting the bank , just check out trialsandendurodirct.com and offroadmoto ,who have some rather good second hand bikes for sale or trade .Put in trials bikes on ebay uk and go through and you,ll find them .

Hope you have a good time mate and the best thing is no plod ,no points .As for the misses ,buy her off with some shoes .

Welcome .

Hi Matt,

I have a 300 gas gas and my mate has the 290 evo, both great bikes, I believe it's all down to individual preference.

I rode the beginner trials at bumpy this year with a few easy routes on club championship rounds for a bit more experience, not much difference really, theyve finished now til February but they're open all year, we'll be there most Sundays riding a few sections for fun.

Wow!

Thanks for the advice guys, By the sounds of things i cant go wrong with either bike... It will just come down to the best deal on the day.

I think what ill do is get a bike sorted and hit bumpy a couple of times a week till the new year to find my feet then enter some newbee trials to show you guys how falling off should be done!!

Does any body know if you join Horsforth club can you use there practice woods any day of the week FOC??

Matt