Putoline 2 Stroke Oil

bondy

hi all ive just got anougther bultaco the last owner ran it on putoline 2 stroke oil blue in color. and i would like to keep useing the same oil ive had alook on the net. and theres loads off putoline 2 strocke oil the 1 called mx9 fully synthectice wich is blue in color i know it dosant matter what the color is but would like the same oil anybody use the stuff?

Hi i use either putoline tt trial pro or mx5 and both are pretty good and both blue in colour. The trial pro stuff is specifically designed for trials bike so would try get some of that before looking anywhere else or at other options. Thinks its around

MX9 probably wont suit a trials engine; it is made for moto-x bikes which generally have the nuts revved off them rather than chuffing around at low speed like trials bikes do. I would take no notice of what the previous owner used and select a suitable oil. Putoline do a trials specific oil, and there are plenty of others to choose from.

I can't remember which one it is as I've just chucked the bottle but Silkolene do an oil designed to be used in air cooled motors. There's a fair bit of info on the website but I e-mailed them to discuss mix ratios and got a worthwhile reply. Try speaking to them.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke