250 Pro Kickstart Bearing

cwill83247

There is a 'blind' bearing, of a needle roller type, that supports the back of the shaft. If you look from the gear change side of the bike you'll see a silver circle above where the cases join. This is the back of the bearing. Remove the clutch case (drain oil first) and remove kickstart assembly. Knock the bearing out from behind.

The problem usually is the shaft is not all the way in the bearing. The washer sometimes holds the whole mess up. What else did you replace as I had never seen the bearing being replaced before. Did you watch the dideo on assembly?

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/43294-kickstart-problems/

Edited by lineaway

Thanks all now fixed !!!!!! Happy days !!!

I watched the video from Jim on youtube same one as lineaway posted in his response shows removing kickstart and more importanty replacing the kicstart and pre-winding.. if you search youtube for Gas Gas Pro or search for gasgasinfo loads of really good videos.. you have to watch them and pick out the bits you need.. the actual bearing i used a copper bar and tapped out from behind exactly as itsafives resonse above...

My issue after I fitted it all with rubbing on the idler gear seems to have been that I had not fitted a washer that sits on the kickstart shaft between the casing..

Thanks again !!!! Now just have to learn to ride :)