Gas Gas 300 Rr

spud

Did you have to put a slightly bigger pilot jet in? My 04 300 ran weak on standard jetting.

Is looking good now, how do you find the Bars? My 05 has Raga Bars which are quite low but yours seem alot higher, any particular reason or is that just how you like em?

I see an 05 Raga Rep on Sunday and it has some kind Nitro Ox button on the handlebars. Something to do with weather you switch it to winter or summer depending on how you feel on the day. bike looks very light and that magnesium stuff really looks the part, a lot better than the standard swing arm and casings don't you think r2w? I've been told its got a kelvin (?) carb, some good make apparently. anyway just to say r2w looks like you've something to aim for in your ever changing GG. and try a look where you going when your rock hopping - such a show off ;)

Edited by spud

R2W are you trying to mimic a below average rider leg waving for balance?.... I know you want to be the first trials rider to be pictured doing a Mexican wave whilst riding a bike... No, its definitely to much power and no extra brownie points for looking like a piece of rag blowing in the wind on a washing line... I offer a solution, buy a 80cc down bore kit for the GG. ;)

Edited by spud

I see an 05 Raga Rep on Sunday and it has some kind Nitro Ox button on the handlebars. Something to do with weather you switch it to winter or summer depending on how you feel on the day.

I know 2 people who hav just bought the new Raga Replica. That switch on the handlebars is supposed to alter the igntion mapping!

They both said though that it does'nt do anything! :D

They are a really nice bike!! But like allways with the Keihin carb, they come standard with a 45 pilot and really, you need to run a 48. The bike rides better like this and also the engine wont pink/knock like with the 45 pilot jet. it makes all the difference. Its

They are a really nice bike!! But like allways with the Keihin carb, they come standard with a 45 pilot and really, you need to run a 48. The bike rides better like this and also the engine wont pink/knock like with the 45 pilot jet. it makes all the difference. Its

They have changed the air box nearly every year however slight it may be. It has made **** all difference because they have neglected to see that the problem isn't just the design but the lack of silicon used to seal it.

Split it apart and you'll see what i mean, its a joke!!!!!

.... I'm concerned about having water getting in under the left hand side flywheel case when i jet wash the bike.  It has been suggested i remove the cover after jet washing to drain any water then WD40 everything. This idea seems very time consuming and a waste of WD40, there must be a better solution?

Yep! remove your flywheel cover after washing/riding in streams or any other way u hav managed to get water in there(!)

Spray WD-40 or something on the flywheel, leave for a few minutes and then run the bike with the cover off so all the liquid condenses and evaporates. Just make sure your foot does'nt touch the flywheel, otherwise all you'll see is a big flash! :D

Other than that, just buy a Flywheel Extractor, well worth the dosh! They are a tenner off Gas GasUK!

Always Silicon your cover back on! NEVER drill a hole on the bottom of your flywheel cover like people recommend, coz you will let water in that may not had gone in otherwise ;)

Just put loads of silicon on it!! I've always had trouble with water going in the flywheel on my 300 but, it seems to be under control now!

They have changed the air box nearly every year however slight it may be. It has made **** all difference because they have neglected to see that the problem isn't just the design but the lack of silicon used to seal it.

Split it apart and you'll see what i mean, its a joke!!!!!

thanks,

Jools thanks also.

I'm going to speak with the dealer and seek his advise by way of your solutions. gotta say its a poor show from GG all this.

is there anything else i should be aware of before i pick the bike up?

Edited by spud

Aye, Junk the wiring loom and fit an aftermarket kill button, they are extremly tempramental! Yeah split your airbox. Always tighten your spokes because some tend to be loose!! Buy a crud catcher/mud flap kit for the front.

I've had Gas Gas's since '94, you learn!! :D;)

Have fun with it, I want a RR!

Removing the ignition cover and letting things dry out is nothing more than standard preventative maintenance in my opinion, just like changing gearbox oil and cleaning airfilters. I've been doing this for 25 yrs on all my dirtbikes...and spud, don't worry about wasting WD40...no need for the whole can, just a quick spurt will do fine ;)

Take head in what Jools is saying about checking spokes and resealing the box. Resealing is an easy job and should be done just in case regardless. Spokes on any bike should be checked regularly, if you want your wheels to last. A little WD40 or similar on the nipples also helps to keep then from seizing later in life.

Any suggestions on where i can obtain a quality sealant and which brand is best?

Point taken about the WD40. Is there no way the case can be sealed to prevent water entering?

Someone said the bike will have a unique number to itemise it in the production run - wow i wonder if it will be 007 ;)

Just so when i return to this post i need:

1) 45 jet for the carb

2) A can of WD40

3) decend kill switch

4) mud flap kit

5) air box sealant

6) and most importantly the wheel rims powder coated run ( a la Steve Colley)

I have a V shape cut into the bottom of my flywheel cover and I never silicone it on. If water manages to get in, it flows straight back out again - simple.

Three screws hold the cover on so taking it off takes less than a minute, no big deal after washing it off, squirt some WD40 in and put the cover on before you ride it next ;)