Gas Gas 300 Rr

spud

48 Pilot!

Generally use RTV sillicon, also I forgot to mention, put silicon around Exhaust Joints - especially where the frontpipe goes into the mid-box

had a chat with the dealer, he said the carb is very different from the 04 Raga and best wait to see what is runs like after its run in.

mentioned all the other area's so far discussed and he agreed. however, the 05 Raga is noticable better quality than the previous, but the air box will be addressed for sealing. the flywheel case being plastic is virtual impossible to seal and sealant is what's been quoted with a splash of wd40.

is there a colour code for the red used on the bike, when the wheels are powder coated red a code or the name of the red would be really handy to know?

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the differences between the 04 Raga and the 05 Raga ?

From what I can see it is the detailed changes made on the 05 Pro. (if that makes sense). i.e. as its a Raga you get the magnesium parts, shock, carb, etc. Plus the ignition curve switch.

I'm just wondering how different the two bikes might be ?

Edited by Subira

Apparently - more power!! and that little re-map switch on the bars.

I had a go on the new one at the weekend and when you switch it to the cloud (sun and cloud symbols on the switch) the revs pick up very slightly and flattens it of, but its hardly noticable!

Reckon that will be on all the production bikes next year. personally, I'm just gonna hard wire it :hyper:

What do ya think so far Spud???

• 4 weeks later...

Just to say i have my new bike and me first ride was yesterday. Silly me only went tore a mussel in me leg, so i'm limping around. good news is the missus is waiting on my hand a leg :D

post-7-1119713114.jpg

You boys should buy sherco 320 4t s they would pull two gasser 300 raga reps backwards

and the ignition cover is oil filled so no condensation in yer sparks

come on move with the times

Spud... what can you tell us about the switchable tuning for the ignition. Notice any difference?

I havn't used the switch yet. The bike is very trackable in the 'rain mode'?, grip is good and big gears it levels anything. Still running it in and i'm glad the throttle hasne't gone passed half way - little frightened. I swapped the rear tyre for an IRC before i picked it up, i like this brand best, personal preferance.

Comparsion between GG 300 rr and Mont 4rt (i own both). The power of both bikes is, and this is honest, very similar. The Mont has a fast action throttle, but the GG doesn't. Its very easy to switch from bike to bike, but the Mont has the edge on stability and technical sections where as the GG will ROAR up anything with no Revs. The GG hops like a hoppy thing and i was trying things on it yesterday (splats) that i would not dream of on the Mont. My first ride on the GG has left me well impressed, and the lightness is wow 7kgs i think. Funny thing is the GG is marked for its lightness so the sidestands definately coming off :D

Edited by spud

I rode a trial the other day with a guy on a 4t sherco... very nice looker

r2w, that's the 'bikes' the looker in this scenario :D I like the looks of the Mont 4rt, but that new Scorpa 4t... wow.... has me eye's popping out ,sex on wheels, a Claudia Schiffer of 4-t's to the Mont's Liz Hurley's appeal (and wouldn't say no to neither for a ride :blink: . )Very disappointed that Scorpa didn't see the Mont needs more cc's, and Sherco why-o-why has their most advanced piece of tackle taken the look of another pototoe in a sack of a million - colour the rims blue, stick a bit of red on it, it wouldn't take must to change its looks. I've no idea why the Sherco was lumpy and i havn't even seen one in the flesh, which isn't good when the largest dealer in the South East can't be supplied a demo bike! My dream 4t would be the Sherco's engine size - Scorpa's looks - Mont's fuel injection. So perhaps GG will suprise everyone with a 4t Pro that weigh's less than 70kg, has a 350cc fuel injected lump with fancy paint work and a picture of a naked female model on the tank!

sorry, drifting a little with the above....

when you get the new carb, i know its going to impress you in a big way, my GG is still lumpier than my 4rt, but its not as bad as i thought it would be, money well spent if you get it.

Edited by spud