Reservoir Covers

shercoben12

Hi Ben

No you will not need to bleed the brakes after changing the cover's. Just make certain that the reservoirs are level when you remove the old cap and have some water handy to rinse off any spills as soon as you have fitted the new one's. Brake fluid eats paint/plastics.

Ben,

I have installed the S-3 versions of these covers on my bikes: I move them to new bikes sometimes if they are still not all scratched and stuff...

BUT the biggest problem I have is they leaked... I figured it out though....

You cant tighten the aluminum ones I have at least, as tight. I'm talking about up to MAYBE 1/6th of a rotation of the screwdriver less tight when you tight? you will have to play with it if you have the problem I had. Older bikes, I didnt seem to have this problem. So just beware, but it could just be "just me".

sucks to figure it out on the day of the trials and clutch master cylinder is "suddenly" dry.

Ben,

I have installed the S-3 versions of these covers on my bikes: I move them to new bikes sometimes if they are still not all scratched and stuff...

BUT the biggest problem I have is they leaked... I figured it out though....

You cant tighten the aluminum ones I have at least, as tight. I'm talking about up to MAYBE 1/6th of a rotation of the screwdriver less tight when you tight? you will have to play with it if you have the problem I had. Older bikes, I didnt seem to have this problem. So just beware, but it could just be "just me".

sucks to figure it out on the day of the trials and clutch master cylinder is "suddenly" dry.

my mate has the s3 ones on his 08 which is the same bike as mine and he has no problems. so maybe its just the newer bikes?

thanks for the advice though

ben

Ben,

it was the clutch side, if that matters... We had bought these covers for the my dads 2010 when we unboxed it. when I moved from the 10, he moved to the 2012, so I took them to the 11. still just saying when you get done installing the caps, loosen the levers, turn upside down best you can, see if they leak. Mine were dry one afternoon, that is when I was like What the heck?

I fiddled for a while, finally I just decided to try not as tight... So, didnt tighten them quite as much as I can stock covers, and I think they quit leaking for me. I had all but given up and almost put stock ones back on. not everyone will have this problem, maybe no one else will, so just sayin...

I honestly need to remind myself to check to see if I have lost fluid, since then.

Ben,

it was the clutch side, if that matters... We had bought these covers for the my dads 2010 when we unboxed it. when I moved from the 10, he moved to the 2012, so I took them to the 11. still just saying when you get done installing the caps, loosen the levers, turn upside down best you can, see if they leak. Mine were dry one afternoon, that is when I was like What the heck?

I fiddled for a while, finally I just decided to try not as tight... So, didnt tighten them quite as much as I can stock covers, and I think they quit leaking for me. I had all but given up and almost put stock ones back on. not everyone will have this problem, maybe no one else will, so just sayin...

I honestly need to remind myself to check to see if I have lost fluid, since then.

checked and they dont leak! :madnoel: