4Rt 2012 Muffler End Replacement - Help Please

wool grower

my new bike has just arrived and in with the bits and pieces was a larger bore end cap for the muffler, now I've drilled out the 5 pop rivets and removed it but now have the shapnel from the rivets rattleing around inside the muffler.

Is it possible to get this stuff out by removing the alloy sleeve only I'm worried about doing it as the end cap was a sod to get off the exhaust cement work so well, I don't want to reck the whole thing.

I'm afraid if the loose bits are rattling, unless they blow out, your going to have to remove the end cap and probably the front part to get them out. If there is some sealant which is making it difficult to remove, maybe with some care to yourself, after removing the rivets, heat the silencer in an oven to get it warm, then the sealant might be easier to pull apart.

Hope this helps.

I'm afraid if the loose bits are rattling, unless they blow out, your going to have to remove the end cap and probably the front part to get them out. If there is some sealant which is making it difficult to remove, maybe with some care to yourself, after removing the rivets, heat the silencer in an oven to get it warm, then the sealant might be easier to pull apart.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your ideas shedracer, perhaps I'm not giving enough info here but I'm supprised nobody has made this stuff up before maybe everybody throws away the standard silencer, the factory team certainly don't use it.

What I'd like to know is if I remove the alloy sleeve will this give access to the baffles or is it just a cover, after sending some tie wire through the silencer I've worked out it's a straight through so my bits and pieces won't be able to damage the engine until the baffle pipe in the silencer burns out.The noise was found before the larger bore end cap was fitted and is still not. I'm thinking now if the rear end of the box is a single skin drilling a hole to let the bits pass out then getting somebody to weld up the hole.

uitlaatdemper_2007.jpg

uitlaatdemper_2005.jpg

Maybe these pictures shed some light to your problem.

And if you look at the picture below, you will see that at least the outside of the silencer looks standard (could be a titanium copy or something like that of course):

Sheffield_2013_06.jpg

Edited by guys