Adam Raga Titanium Pipe

shercoben12

hi all,

my friend has one of these and says i can have it for £110 its virtually new no dents or scrapes. :rolleyes:http://www.sandifordoffroad.co.uk/mrp-adam-raga-replica-titanium-front-pipe-gas-gas-txt-pro-models-12318-p.asp

will it be just like the s3 or thor ones? .... giving more power and a better bottom end

ive heard you can get an insert for 125s that makes it work better. but will i need one in this pipe.

thanks,

ben

Ben

Got to admire your enthusiasm for your bike!

But £110 buys most of; a set of tyres; some coaching sessions; correct shock spring for your weight; 50% of a flatslide carb; entries for 7 trials. Any of which will probably have more positive effect on your scores.

you too can be this boring... its an age thing. :moon:

Dom

• Like 2

Ben

Got to admire your enthusiasm for your bike!

But £110 buys most of; a set of tyres; some coaching sessions; correct shock spring for your weight; 50% of a flatslide carb; entries for 7 trials. Any of which will probably have more positive effect on your scores.

you too can be this boring... its an age thing. :moon:

Dom

fair comment

As far as I'm aware the titanium pipes are usually for more power (short) OR more low end grunt/smooth delivery (long). By definition the RAGA will be the short, maximum power pipe, which will probably give you less low down grunt than before. Just because it is made from titanium doesnt do anything extra to the exhaust gasses, they will flow the same, it is merely lighter.

I guess only you can decide if it is worth going for, and whether or not you would prefer more power or more low end grunt, but if it was me, I'd probably only replace the pipe if the original needed replacing, or if I could afford riding, maintenance AND the pipe.

I guess if you have the cash to splash, why not lol, but I wouldn't let it override paying for enteries to trials and the like.

As far as I'm aware the titanium pipes are usually for more power (short) OR more low end grunt/smooth delivery (long). By definition the RAGA will be the short, maximum power pipe, which will probably give you less low down grunt than before. Just because it is made from titanium doesnt do anything extra to the exhaust gasses, they will flow the same, it is merely lighter.

I guess only you can decide if it is worth going for, and whether or not you would prefer more power or more low end grunt, but if it was me, I'd probably only replace the pipe if the original needed replacing, or if I could afford riding, maintenance AND the pipe.

I guess if you have the cash to splash, why not lol, but I wouldn't let it override paying for enteries to trials and the like.

Youre right! I'll by one when I need a new one.

Thanks for the advice on the short/ long pipes etc

Thanks

Ben