Cota 348

gasgasstu

I believe the 348 was made from 1976 to 1978, being replaced by the 349 in 1979. If the price is right it could be worth a punt, but there don't seem to be many good ones left these days, other than over-priced restoration specials. It was a good bike in its day, on the sections of the time, but could be a bit of a "lump" these days. Time, and twinshocks, moved on quite a bit after the 348.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Done my first trial in Vale of Towy, cold but dry day in quarry, Finished 4th and very happy with the bike. Did not start very good but finished the final 33 sections with 1 dab, all in all 22 dropped points from 49 sections. Doing the Hereford classic Sunday and can't wait.

• 4 weeks later...

In Motion are great for most of the stuff you will need day to day. There are a few companies abroad re-manufacturing some pretty bits for restorations. I use the saved search feature on ebay. it can be fiddly to set up but if any parts come up including Montesa and 348 Iget an email and if its something i think might be useful i put in a bid. I do now have a garage full of bits that might come in useful.

I do not have his details to hand but if you Google Mick at Tricky Trials he is a great source of advice and parts.

No one answered your Rathmell question, I do believe it has been discussed on trials central previously. I met a seller on ebay that got into trouble having sold a 'rathmell frame' to someone in Sweden. he was a bit careless describing it as such and had to refund the buyer a lot of money since it didn't have the tweaks that a real one should have.