Aluminum Mid Muffler For 2002?

mcman56

Is there aluminum mid muffler available for a 2002 Pro 200?

From my experience, all the later systems will fit, even the newer one-piece systems

(all the oval tubing type frames up to the new changed round tube frames), however,

the mounts for the 2002 final muffler are a different type of mounting so unless

you buy a matching final muffler for the mid-muffler, you will probably need to

weld on tabs for the 02'.

Jon

Just my opinion.

From my limited experience and talking with other local Gas Gas owners, the Aluminum Mid-muffler has a tendency to break and is only about 1 pound lighter than the steel one. If the steel one breaks it is easier to weld or get welded than aluminum.

But it sounds like if you want an aluminum one it will fit.

Just my opinion.

From my limited experience and talking with other local Gas Gas owners, the Aluminum Mid-muffler has a tendency to break and is only about 1 pound lighter than the steel one. If the steel one breaks it is easier to weld or get welded than aluminum.

But it sounds like if you want an aluminum one it will fit.

I still have my 02' steel muffler and it's been trouble-free and easy to repack. If I'm worried about the weight, I just have fewer donuts in the morning......

Jon

If I'm worried about the weight, I just have fewer donuts in the morning......

Jon

What is this craziness you speak of "FEWER DONUTS" !!!! It be cold here so I need my insulation.............(read that as "too damn lazy to exercise excuse)

• Like 2

What is this craziness you speak of "FEWER DONUTS" !!!! It be cold here so I need my insulation.............(read that as "too damn lazy to exercise excuse)

Skip the donut, is what my dad always said, another pair of socks, weigh a lot less. Only took me 46 years to take dads advice, lost 70lbs. I feel it too, I cannot keep warm like I used to, but in summer I'm not heat-stroked anymore, as easily.

Edited by sting32