Need Help Back Fire

mowen123

Sounds normal for this model, A guy in our club has a 2010 cab and it does the same. I have a later 300 factory and mine does it too. They run very advanced on the timing for performance, you can retard the timing depending on your ignition type but it will soften the power a bit if you go too far.

• Try a new spark plug in it.
  • Try kicking it over faster, not harder (breaks things), just faster. When it's hot. put it in gear then pull backwards against compression before you kick, it's amazing what a diffference it makes.
  • Retard the timing as above. They don't run the same though. I like a softer motor, so a Cab would be a waste........
  • Put up with it

Sounds normal for this model, A guy in our club has a 2010 cab and it does the same. I have a later 300 factory and mine does it too. They run very advanced on the timing for performance, you can retard the timing depending on your ignition type but it will soften the power a bit if you go too far.

steve it is me from waltham chase lol

Hi Mark

I didn't realise at first from your user name but it makes sense now. You had a good ride on Sunday, well except section 8 LOL.

It's funny when people jump when our bikes backfire, just need to find out how to make mine bang louder now!!

See you at the next trial mate, I'll be at the next Waterside one probably.