How Big Is Your Box?

dmc2028372

Again, if it was me, I'd go out on the bike and try it as it is, then remove the airbox, fit one of those foam filters with the integral hose that are used on a lot of Pre65 bikes and try the bike again

That way I would have a direct back to back comparison between performance with a standard airbox against the unrestricted flow of no airbox. That way I'd see first hand if there is any difference rather than relying on subjective opinions that are going to vary considerably.

Having ridden Normandale rounds for the last 20-odd years, as well as riding standard Ossas and Bultacos on the B or 50/50 route in modern trials, I can assure you that there is nothing in those events that a standard 240 Fantic in good working order won't do with its eyes shut.

Point taken. Just trying to better the bike where I can.. There must be something in it mind. Was looking at the airbox on my 300gg earlier. They are trying to squeeze every square inch of capacity out of the the box. Mind you, on the gg you need that to catch all the s..te that gets in there!

Point taken. Just trying to better the bike where I can.. There must be something in it mind. Was looking at the airbox on my 300gg earlier. They are trying to squeeze every square inch of capacity out of the the box. Mind you, on the gg you need that to catch all the s..te that gets in there!

Hi my opinion on the air box size is that on road or race bikes a large volume air box provides still air for the engine.On a trials bike you are not traveling fast enough to cause any problems .Just make sure the air box inlet is not restricting air flow at full throttle.

The standard airbox is fine, infact as Woody says the standard bike is fine. In my opinion the mods to carbs, airboxes and frames etc are not really needed and are praised most highly by the person who wants to sell them to you. The 240 is amongst the best twinshock bikes there is, as long as everything works just riding it more will get you further up the results than fiddling with it.

• Like 2