Help! Rings For Sy250

canadianrubberburner

hello everyone,

I have recently disassembled my 2001 sy 250 to fresh'n up the top end, unforturnatly i did not try to purchase parts befor hand. Now i have my bike in a box and im frantically trying to find the parts I need to get my girl running befor the 2013 season starts. I am in need of piston rings and a top gasket. i have checked the ussual places to try and find these parts but have come up short. If anyone has any ideas it will be greatly apreciated!

thanks for your time

Dan

Hi,changed the rings in a scorpa 250 05 last yr,i had them from steve goode motorcycles but am sure Nigel Birkett motorcycles will have them in stock,also check the nicosil plating in the barrel as this can wear,Nigel Birkett does an exchange barrel.

Beat me to it with the head gasket, tried to buy one for a TYZ once, re-used the old one. Dont know why they are so expensive...

TLTEL

Rear brake hose for scorpa £40 odd quid if i remember correctly,found one on ebay brand new but for pit bike same connections but about 2ins longer £9.99 with p&p

The price of TYZ parts brought forth a collective sharp intake of breath from the trials world in the day. For some reason it has stuck in the mind that an exhaust pipe was £360 (quoted at the time because they seemed rather vulnerable) which was about 8% of the cost of the bike.

Makes a Titanium pipe seem cheap twenty-odd years later.

Edited by 2stroke4stroke