Hebo Boots

fatboy11

Hi there everyone,

I bought a pair of Hebo Eco 2 boots in June 2012, by October they had fallen apart, 4 months is not acceptable for thier cost in my book, considering what they are suposedly designed for.

Has anyone else had this problem?

At the moment the dealer does not want to know so I have taken it back to the importer but they are not really interested. If there are others out there with the same problem maybe something will get done about it.

its pretty rubbish that they are not fit for purpose i've just bought some alpinestars and after one practise session some of the stiching had started to seperate this was due to a slightly burr'd phillips screw head on the silencer,pretty poor if you ask me for £200 hard earned

I was looking at buying a pair of Hebos as my local KTM / Beta dealer sells them but have been put off by a lot of people having similar problems to you. All I can suggest is you tell the supplier you are going to trading standards as these boots are not fit for perpose. If you dont get any joy with that then actually contact them.

i have always spoken up for hebo boots as they were my frist trials boots and i was happy with them as i didnt know any different.

since shopping for a new pair (i ended up with forma boulders) i now realise they are junk.

This makes interesting reading as I'm in the market for some new boots... At the moment I have Sammy Miller boots that I've had from the age of 14 and I'm now 40. I haven't been using them for trials all that time as I've had some breaks but they've been used for festivals, paintballing, on a road bike for about 5 years and anything that involved walking through mud and they're still going strong with the only thing wrong is the thin leather waterproof liner that allows the boot to open has degraded and they now leak. Not bad for 26 year old boots.

Reading all this I'n mot to sure why I'm in the market for some new boots, but the "modern" way of thinking seems to be soles without a heel and when I watch other riders this allows them to more easily shift there position on the pegs...

Anyway, I'll think i will rule the Hebo's out!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a pair of forma gripper boots for 10 years and they are great except i have lost grip in the last year on the inside of the sole.

i will recomend forma highly and am looking through the web for some on offer.

• 3 weeks later...

I second the opinion of the Hebo Eco trials boots being very poor quality. Likewise i have owned them barely 6 months and am considering replacing them already. The outer skin has fallen apart in many places where they rub on the gear lever for instance and they let the water in even in damp grass. Truly crap. The best improvement i made was buying a pair of seal skinz long socks which will extended their useful life through all the snow this winter ..... AVOID.