Fantic 200 Or Fantic 240

bultacorock

Hi all

This is my first post seem to spend lots for my free time on here reading all the great post its been endless help

thank you all.

Well i have never been any good at making my mind up so any help i would be really great full

Its been well over 25 years since i was a member of the south liverpool motor club with my Bultaco 250 /

( SWM from Billy which was magic )

Loved there weekends in Wales and the trials events around the North West, we had lost Sunny Bank just down the road and Johnsons Wood about 30 mins away.

But i moved away and got into mountain biking because of the freedom to ride almost any were at that time.

So i have been riding some thing but not use to having any power in my ham fisted right hand to get me into trouble so its going to be endless fun.

So which Fantic do you like the best of the 2, which makes you smile the most when your riding it.

Thanks

Depends I would say on 1, your size and 2, your intentions. If your 5ft 10 of less and fairly slight, I would say a rear kick 200 would be fine. It would be more than capable for 99 percent of what you'd do. If you are like me, 6ft and and good winter coat (fatty) then I think you'd find the 200 a bit small and the 240 would be the better bike for you. There's a lot more 200's about mind and a good one would be at least

• Like 1

Only my opinion but the 200 is most fun! lighter, lively and will go anywhere a 240 wil go. Im 6ft 4 and 85kg my forward kick 200 goes everywhere I point it, I would put it on the top of my bike list and I must have 20+

• Like 1

Thanks for the feed back dmc & furse

its a big help im 5ft 8 and 76kg and young in the head 50 year old ..... :closedeyes: Club events if i can get the hang of it again, the 200 sounds like a really good deal i guess i need to go try one.

Furse do you have a Bultaco 250 if so is there a big difference

thanks again for your help

timely notice .. this weekends Yorkshire classic's captains trial ( entries closed as full, other trials do exist but frankly if its not in yarkshire..) will probably be my last on the FB for some time.

I have been building a drayton bantam since june.. slowly... and that will be the new weapon of choice once complete. already i m happy to say jim pickerings build quality is excellent and his components all fit and work if it rides as well as its fallen together i ll be more than happy.

so for its last hurrah the Fb has new rubber and sprockets and the usual service/ consumables so i look forward to a great day out on the moors above Halifax.

Edited by totalshell
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feed back dmc & furse

its a big help im 5ft 8 and 76kg and young in the head 50 year old ..... :closedeyes: Club events if i can get the hang of it again, the 200 sounds like a really good deal i guess i need to go try one.

Furse do you have a Bultaco 250 if so is there a big difference

thanks again for your help

Its a long time since I rode a bultaco but it wasnt a patch on the fantic, but bultacos have been modified a lot making them better these days.

There is a classic trial at Llangollen this weekend, my old 200 will probably be there, dont think I will make it. (if your still in North Wales)

• Like 1

My first bike was a BSA bantam kept getting stuck trying to fallow a friend on a bultaco still had lots of fun on the Bantam we fitted a magaphone to it made a great sound. it had a road frame almost part X it for a trials Cub but picked up a well used 72 250 Bultaco i was just 16 and had my first Bulto .....

Have not been to Llangollen for a long time i think its a magical name and place for child hood holidays im working in Switzerland just but would to go back to Llangollen for a weekend i have some good friends in North Wales. very kind of you to offer to show me your Fantic 200, you know almost every one has said get a fantic 200, i guess i better try one before i spend any money

• Like 1