Grimeca Lever Fits Ajp And Vice Versa?

brenin

Hi,

I have Grimeca clutch and brake master cylinders on Beta Rev 3 08. I have seen forged levers that will fit both types, but you seem to just have to remove the plactic bushing and use the Grimeca pivot pin. Is this correct? Can i just buy any lever?

thanks

Ian

Thanks! on the subject of levers, I was wondering about the merit of an idea that is current in mtb riding......the current vogue is to move the m/c a long way inboard on the bars, so that the lever is pulled by 1 or at most 2 fingers.

As its mounted so far in board, your outer 2 or 3 digits stay hold of the bar, and also dont get squashed by the lever. You are using your strongest finger on the very end of the lever, so have maximum mechanical advantage.....

What do people think?

Ian

• 7 months later...

Thanks! on the subject of levers, I was wondering about the merit of an idea that is current in mtb riding......the current vogue is to move the m/c a long way inboard on the bars, so that the lever is pulled by 1 or at most 2 fingers.

As its mounted so far in board, your outer 2 or 3 digits stay hold of the bar, and also dont get squashed by the lever. You are using your strongest finger on the very end of the lever, so have maximum mechanical advantage.....

What do people think?

Ian

I know it's an old thread but I like this idea. And I've just added some new Apico levers to my bike. The bend is good and they feel shorter even if they aren't.

Also, have you noticed: a) MTB bars are getting narrower in width not wider (easier to fit between the trees) and B) pedals for serious dirt biking and downhill are 100mm+ front to back. That's quite a bit more than say S3 pegs. I wonder if bigger pegs would give us more options to move our weight forward and backward.

Edited by ross brown

• 2 weeks later...