Model 91 Brakes

no balance

USD250 to have a liner...??? It costs £40 - £50 here. It would be cheaper to send your hub to Bultaco UK for an exchange item....

Virtually all of the chrome had gone from mine when it began to wear through the alloy, but the trial was held on boggy land and the stuff acted like grinding paste inside the hub. You'd have to cause some considerable wear to render it useless as it has to be machined out a bit to take the liner.

I'd imagine there's life left in it yet as it took a while for all the chrome to disappear from mine.

• Like 1

My 199A has about half of the chrome left in the rear hub.Does this mean that if I ride it in a trial or two before having it fixed that I will chance ruining the hub to the point of no repair? I can have my hub re-lined here for about 250.00 if I break it down and then re-lace it.I just can,t spend it right now and would like to ride it in the first trial coming up,but if it will make the hub non-repairable it will have to sit until I can have it done.

Riding with peeling chrome will not make the hub irrepairable, it will just have poor braking and will chew up the shoes faster than a good drum would. Just inspect the shoes for thickness after each trial to avoid going metal to metal

Thanks for the quick replies.It,s a relief to know that I can ride it some.

Woody, I thought 250.00 was pretty darn steep also.After all I,ve read on here and other post I believe Bultaco UK is the place to shop.I wasn,t aware of Mr. Renhams history with Bultaco until recently reading an interview with him.

Thanks again guys.

Cheers, Scot