Jcm Vega

mattylad

I have just collected my latest toy a JCM Vega which looks very original but has not run for a very long time judgeing by the state of the tyres.

Any hints and tips on how to set up modify them?

I think it has the 330 engine but need to lift the head to be sure.

Not sure what you mean by Vega but I had one of the first ones in the country and was "semi supported" by Peter Quinn.

After the first trial I tried to "set up" the rear shock and it was never right again. THis took most of my time and I never really set up anything else, it actually ran really well and other than the shocker it didn't need much attention, or perhaps time has erased what wasn't one of my better purchases

No Mick the Vega wasnt imported by Quinns

I'm sure thats what the one Tony Scarlett had was called but that was 1987 so I may be wrong, its happened before....

If I'm right it had the same motor as the early air cooled Gas Gas, linkage suspension, tank under the seat etc. The Gollner Striet JCMs were similar.

Entirely different to the beautiful creation you had the pleasure of purchasing :beer:

Isn't that the Europa? Available as 240 or 325cc. Maybe they called them the Vega elsewhere and did them in red? In the UK, the budget version of the Europa (which was white) was called the Weekend and had a red colour scheme

I thought Scarlett rode the SR which was a rare model

No Rob Sartin rode the SR model during 1990.

The vega was the predecessor.Scarlett rode it in 87 and early 88 before going back to yamaha at the ssdt.

The europa etc were brought in during 89 & 90 by Bob Gollner, they were actually called Striet JCM as some other person had invested in them.

Tony rode the Vega. There are some videos of him on Youtube on the bike.

Mine is fitted with a Villa engine and conventional coil spring shock not the earlier Fournales air shock and drum rear brake.

It is a 1987 model and seems to be the eighth off the production line according to the chassis number.

I bought it local to me in France.

Many moons ago I was at my original practice ground near my parents and met a guy with what he claimed was the ex Scarlett bike.

I have ridden in many schoolboy trials with Tony but I am maybe 7-8 years older so never rode against him in the same class (thankfully as he was so good!!!).

According to the world round results he rode JCM in 87 and 88 seasons.

Next time I am at my parents I must try to contact him as they are only a few miles away

There was also a shop in Salisbury who sold some of the very last ones and maybe even imported them.

shop in salisbury is likely Bob Gollner.

i had the last tau engined jcm and rode in the 87 ssdt. it was similar to the vega but obviously diff motor.

same air filter shock was corte cosso i think with a linkage which looked like a yam but not as good. Mine also had same forks as a txr aprilia.

The GasGas Halley had the same engine, not the later air cooled ones imported by Shirty.

I believe the last importer\dealer was Aylebury Comp Shop.

Two day classic trial this weekend in Belgium, snow and zero degrees so will look next week when I thaw out!!!!!!!