Trials Riding On A Rm100

sectionone

Bike is a 2003 Suzuki RM100. That year Suzuki and Kawasaki had a partnership where they branded certain Kawasaki models as Suzuki and vice versa. My bike is a yellow KX100.

Modifications:

Geared down to 13/60

Steahly flywheel weight

Rox Risers

Skidplate

Thin seat foam (to be added)

Steering locks trimmed

Double width footpegs

Trials tire

Standing position is very much like a trials bike. I can do trials, trail riding, and MX. It's a cheap, scaled down version of the KTM Freeride, Randonne, XRide. Mine cost $900 stock and since there are so many KX100's being parted out, spares are dirt cheap. I have a second rear wheel and seat to swap back to stock. This bike would be good for teenagers and small adults who want to try trials riding without committing to a trials specific bike.

One drawback is the only 16" trials tire I can find is the small, narrow Shinko. I'd like to put on a 17" rim and install a real trials tire like the Vee Rubber that is used on the Gas Gas Cadet 70. Does anyone know what the width and outer diameter of that tire is? I think it will fit in the swingarm.

I used a 17 inch rim for the rear of my sons TY80 , to match the 19 front ... When I get out to the shop this morning I'll measure it for you . The rim came from a old honda SL100 if I remember correctly ., and I laced it to the donor xr100 rear hub , worked great , and cheap !

PM me where you are at , I'd like to see your play ground , I've just got flat mudddddd ...!

Glenn

Thanks for the measurments. 3.5 inches wide is the same as my 16 inch tire. I'm looking for a better tire than the hard Cheng Shin or Shinko. Vee Rubber makes a soft trials tire, the 17 inch VRM-308 which I think will work well if it fits in the swingarm. I know where to get one for $85 but the seller drop ships them and can't measure it.