Nothing Holding Clutch On.?

lee99780

Hi again. ..

2006 txt pro 300. Had problems with my clutch dragging like hell. Now to the point where I cant pause without stalling. I stripped it today to have a look. While watching Jim Snell YouTube video I remember there was nothing holding the clutch on. No little bolt with the breather hole.??? Could this be my problem?

Please help

You mean theres a bolt on your's but not in Jim Snell's video?

There should be a bolt with the breather in it to hold the clutch in place. If I remember there is the bolt in Jim Snell's video?

If you do not have the bolt, definitely get one...

Either way however, it shouldn't cause clutch drag, look at the plates/oil your using.

No, Jims got a bolt I haven't got one, the clutch slid off. There's nothing should there be a big washer too? I've just got a big hole through middle of my clutch ???

Some rider leave the stepped washer and drilled/shaved capscrew out. I leave mine in but from all I know, it does not cause any problems. I think it makes

the clutch assembly more stable in operation but that's only a guess.

Jon

I mean, at the end of the day, it's seated inside a hole, and the clutch slave pushes against it (inwards), so there no way it's going to move about or come out, but I would still get one personally.

It might have been left out as people think there will be more oil flow, which I guess is true, but I don't particularly see why it's needed.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's seated inside a hole, and the clutch slave pushes against it (inwards), so there no way it's going to move about or come out, but I would still get one personally.

It might have been left out as people think there will be more oil flow, which I guess is true, but I don't particularly see why it's needed.

It's not really for oil flow but to equalize the internal pressure in the transmission with ambient conditions under heat/cool cycles.

Jon

I left mine out when I was doing the work on my kickstarter's pawl gear & idler gear. I think yould have to somehow lose your clutch cover for it to ever be a problem..... I know so far, there's been no problem on my bike running without the washer & bolt.....

Jimmie

added in EDIT:

I might add this:After working on my K/S pawl gear & replacing the idler gear like mentioned above, I left that washer & bolt out. Put the bike back together, and realized I did something minor wrong. I can't recall what it was; i just recall that it wasn't major, but required me to pull the clutch off again to rectify the situation. Even with no washer or bolt, that clutch was stuck on the mainshaft as well as it was when the bolt had been used.... I had to pry the clutch off the mainshaft I after I removed that hollow bolt the first time I removed the clutch. And had to do that again even though I didn't use that bolt....

Edited by mr neutron

GG Importer for USA suggested that we take that washer and bolt out of our 10, 11, or 12 Raga's. I think it was my 11, when he brought me the washer that go into the triple clamps, so you cannot overtighten them (it was an update).

If I recall correctly he took it out of my bike at that time. FWIW, I have a friend that took the washer and bolt out of his 02 pro, the bike still runs great, last time we had clutch off, we still had to use 2 screwdrivers to "CAREFULLY" pry clutch basket out of there.

your clutch dragging (I bet) is mis adjusted clutch lever "free play" when clutch lever is at rest, or dirty oil, thick oil, or too much oil. what happens to most everyone I have helped is, the clutch master cylinder cannot equalize while you aren't using the clutch (lots of times it gets some more fluid, so it can push the clutch apart more, especially happens when cold after adjusting when hot). you MUST have a little free play on lever. Snell has details about this in one of the chapters on youtube, I am half positive.

most everyone is saying stay away from synthetic transmission fluids. I have