Frame Protection

mur

:D hi guys wondered if anyone has any clever (home-made) ideas about protecting the frame where your boots always rub the same place,i always try to present the old girl in -as good as- before each event and end up painting the same bits every time.

any ideas will be considered most welcome.

she is not a concourse bike ,she trials for real

kind regards murray :thumbup:

In my personal opinion a protection is useful if the frame coating is still new, when ridden some hours there will occur scratches and rubbing marks

If the frame surface is still intact you can use protection foil that you get from VW for Passat or Golf station wagon's. The foil is very thick but so transparent you can't see it. To apply the foil some preparation has to be made. The foil sticks extremely well and as far as the edges are hoded or doesn't get in contact with the boots it will last for year.

The protection foil set from VW comes with a good manual, the only things you need are:

- water,

- soap,

- polish for paint,

- a cutter scissors,

- a rakel with soft tip,

- hair dryer or likewise.

The look with patina is not so bad, it's just the little extra work of clean and oil blank surfaces regulary when needed. Some patina suits an old bike very well.

• Like 1

If you go to most motor x shops or trials you can get some clear plastic adhesive sheet or carbon fibre, get some paper draw around where you want protecting, draw on the sheet cut out clean frame and stick on heat with hair dryer and its perfect I did it ages ago lasts along time and when want new do it again just peak off and clean adhesive