Toni Bou At British Speedway Grand Prix

Just been announced in this weeks Speedway Star magazine that Toni Bou is part of the pre meeting entertainment for the British Speedway Grand Prix. This is on Saturday June 1st at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and is backed by Monster Energy - hence the link.

With Dougie Lampkin doing similar things with his R*d B*ll videos, this a great chance for trials skills to be showcased before a wider audience (40,000 people are expected to be there).

Be interesting to see what he does but I'm just worried the whole scale of the stadium will swamp him.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, the event is now history and I have to say that Toni did a great job in front of around 40,000 people.

They had set up a fairly standard indoor hazard of a variety of large steel boxes and triangles. Toni did his stuff back riding over them from various angles, riding on the back wheel and so on. That part of the show finishes with a backwards hope DOWN from some 8 - 10 feet, landing on the back wheel and riding away.

It finished with hops over/across etc a somewhat bemused presenter (although clearly rehearsed!). The crowd showed their appreciation with a great fanfare of air horns. All in all a good advert for the sport and Toni came over very well in the interview afterwards.

I was also lucky enough to get within touching distance of the bike in the pits and have to say it is everything you expect of a works HRC machine. The engine cases look to be sandcast rather than the production diecastings and the frame looks different in several areas. Oh, and it sounds fantastic (but not that good that I would give up a two-stroke!)

Thanks to Toni, Montesa HRC and Monster for making it happen.