Ajp Front Brake

footpegleg

After fitting new bars on bike my front brake was bit loose, so tighten it up and SNAP, the bolt snaped grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Im looking now for a new master cylinder and im not sure about the brake cable

It is very tight to the handlebar when fitted and i noticed that the ones for sale, some of them offer rear exit pipes

Would this be a better option for me as my throttle housing sits right on top of the cylinder cover as the pipe from the brake is flush with the handlebar and thus gives it no play

Anyone got any ideas as were to get one that is right for my sherco 2008 250, now with jitsie high rise bars

Cheers again footpegleg gm

If the bolt did move prior to it breaking, you may try to extract the broken part, or take to machinest.

I have seen them stuck hard on the remaining bit and near impossible to remove with basic tooling.

post-17531-0-88000800-1370288234_thumb.jpg

In this picture the brake pipe coming out from the bottom of the resevoir prevents me from adjusting the brake lever to suit my need also you can see the throttle housing sitting atop of the resevoir

Would a rear exit pipe on the master cylinder be a better option or is this the way it is meant to be???

post-17531-0-88000800-1370288234_thumb.jpg

This picture shows just how tight to the bars the pipe is, Is this all normal???

Cheers for looking

possibly you could loosen the banjo bolt and rotate the brake hose down a tad bit so it follows the same angle as the bars. Giving a little more downward swing for the master cylinder?

Or take a chance and bend the metal part of the line a little bit away from the bars?

• Like 1