Team Full Monty?

city trials

from left to right:

Skull headed Mother F,er [Tim for short], Iron Man [Nathan], & the godfather of of the buch... 'B' [brian] Don't let the size fool ya, that guy will ride circles around anyone in the desert. In fact all three of those guys will leave you so far behind that they'll have time to fix a flat before you catch up.

Iron Man was with me when we rode the Tecate Hare Scrambles on our Montesas. He finished 13th out of about 50 riders who were all on regular dirt bikes. Tell me that guy's not fast.

Skully is our full time Betty Ford Clinic resident. Go try to figure out what he's saying. :P

Just don't ask them about me :D

Edited by ringo

• 2 weeks later...

Everthing Ringo said is true. Plus since there is so much mystique surrounding the Montys, I thought I would provide a little insight into our special and seldom photographed team. Of course, more Monty activity could be observed if the rest of you consumed a couple of beers the night before the race and didn't go to bed at 8p.m. for a 10a.m. rider's meeting.

This photo is from left to right, Bob and Charlie. Ringo is behind. Charlie and Bob are the founding fathers, so to speak, and I'm not sure when Ringo's unique abilities were added to team. I support Ringo no matter what he does because his personality is essential to any well-rounded team. Bob is out of uniform, which is unusual.

post-4-1118884244.jpg

I apologize for hijacking and messing up this thread. I had good intentions, but I was grilling carne asada, photoshop was kicking my a***, and then my wife came home and demanded attention.

The Montys do ride, actually, some of them quite well. I just never made it to the riding photos. I'll try to post a couple of good ones once I go in and resize the photos.

Several guys own those motorized bar stools. They're pretty fun to go putting around on visiting your friends. You just have to be careful where you park. Every now and then, someone rides off on them. I built the bar one weekend and it made me famous amongst the Montys. It has a big Montesa sticker on the front, and is now on balloon tires so I can just roll it out and set it up. For the record, I want to say that the Montys do get carried away with setup and fun, but we are also very serious about trials.

Sorry again for being a bozo on this thread. I'll try to make it up later.

By the way, those photos were taking at the Nationals on the El Trial weekend at Reed Valley. With no open riding, we had to find some other things to occupy ourselves with.

Geoff always rides well, but he really rode well that weekend. I think it was a good tough trials for the competitors.