Tiger Cub Been Swimming ?

rodcub61

I have purchased a T20S tiger cub 1961 and in the process of stripping and rebuilding much fun and head scratching on the horizon I think...removed engine as it would not kick over and have partially stripped it out wha a mess !! looks like I have my work cut out....

post-18660-0-28778400-1373541377_thumb.jpg

It certainly held the water in that chaincase, I'm surprised it ran at all, was there water in the gearbox as well and then there's the crankcase,,,,,,,,,, good luck with it, keep us informed of progress, I'd like to know how it turns out.

Cheers

It turns over now and the crank feels good so it's on with the build it wasn't dear less than a grand to buy it is all there just tatty and it's the T20S high compression motor so it should be fun when done..................will fit an electrex cdi and elec ignition when ready as it will be run with no lights etc and will add and modify as I go along pictures to follow as I go

• 2 weeks later...

So the mountain cub has changed it's identity ???? Found out today via Tiger Cub register that my Tiger Mountain Cub is not a mountain cub :wall: it is a Tiger Cub sports ?? :hyper:

Many thanks To Mike Estall for the dating info.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Moved on a bit need to sort something for the worn swingarm bushes but loks good I think ......

post-18660-0-57365800-1376164704_thumb.jpgpost-18660-0-67401000-1376164713_thumb.jpgpost-18660-0-50668600-1376164726_thumb.jpgpost-18660-0-58236500-1376164736_thumb.jpg

The wheels have been powder coated in chrome effect finish as the original wheels had major surface rust and the chrome was shot

effective cheap alternative